- Entrelac - knitter's eye candy; high sexiness quotient
- Twisted stitches - I think I understand the principle, but I've never actually tried designing with these. I love Barbara Walker's wrought iron stitch patterns from her Third Treasury.
- Lace - more knitter's eye candy
- Short rows in the round - Yes, I already know how to do this, but I hate how there's always a hole at the location where the short row section ends and the round begins again.
- Increasing on the Wrong Side - I've been scared of it. Must pull out Montse Stanley's book and tackle it ASAP.
- Sculpting with stitch patterns - I need to make an octopus with cables or twists. And a mantis or jackalope. Or a universe. Stockinette is killing me.
- Knitting with wire - Toaster coils? Perhaps we'll begin with an un-electrified version first. I'll need to find some good wire, first. What about luminescent wire?
Here's what I've been working on: Mantises. My first solo show will open at the Joe Bar (Seattle) on September 3rd. Here's a sneak peak at some in-progress specimens:
It's an adventure making creatures that I don't have to create patterns for. I don't have to worry about reproducibility, among other things.
Just working the heads has been taking forever. September 3rd, here I come...